1. Lowering your thermostat temperature cools your home down more quickly.
2. Closing vents and registers in unused rooms is a great way to save money.
Your HVAC system is designed to heat and cool a certain amount of space. Closing vents and registers can negatively impact home comfort and damage your cooling equipment.
3. It’s a good idea to briefly open a window during the winter to air out your home.
Opening your windows briefly during the winter can help alleviate stale, stagnant air. However, keep it brief. You don’t want your heating power escaping outdoors.
Not this time
4. If you want more cooling power, invest in a bigger air conditioner.
There you go!
Remember, your air conditioner is designed to cool a certain amount of space. Let one of our experienced technicians help you determine the proper size air conditioner for your cooling needs.
5. You should change your furnace filter once a season, or more frequently, especially if you have pets.
6. Schedule preventive maintenance once a year – before summer.
You got it!
Scheduling preventive maintenance TWICE a year – once for your air conditioner during the spring and again for your furnace during the fall – is the best way to prolong the life expectancy of your system and to keep it running efficiently.
Becoming one of our SAM (Service Agreement Membership) Customers is a great way to establish a regular preventive maintenance routine.