1. Lowering your thermostat temperature cools your home down more quickly.
2. Closing vents and registers in unused rooms is a great way to save money.
3. It’s a good idea to briefly open a window during the winter to air out your home.
4. If you want more cooling power, invest in a bigger air conditioner.
5. You should change your furnace filter once a season, or more frequently, especially if you have pets.
Without a doubt!
A dirty filter lowers indoor air quality and can restrict airflow. Restricted airflow results in decreased home comfort, potential system damage, and higher utility bills. To ensure optimum air flow, we recommend more frequent filter changes.
Remember: New Month = New Filter!
6. Schedule preventive maintenance once a year – before summer.
You got it!
Scheduling preventive maintenance TWICE a year – once for your air conditioner during the spring and again for your furnace during the fall – is the best way to prolong the life expectancy of your system and to keep it running efficiently.
Becoming one of our SAM (Service Agreement Membership) Customers is a great way to establish a regular preventive maintenance routine.